GoDataDriven Open Source Contribution: February 2017 Edition
At GoDataDriven we have an Open Source First approach. Unless some shockingly good reasons exists, we always advise to use (and implement) open source solutions.
It is therefore only natural that we have the tendency to give back to the open source community. Some of these efforts have a good visibility (such as Divolte), while other remain in the shadow.
I therefore thought that I can start to change that by publishing, every once in a while, the various contributions to open source projects, both old and new.
- In Druid PR 3481 he fixed the INFO message logs;
- In Docker-Druid PR 30 he expanded on the logging section in the README;
- In Airflow PR 2038 he resolved session leakage;
- In Airflow PR 2042 (still open) he added a spark-submit operator/hook;
- In Flink PR 3077 he implemented Stochastic Outlier Selection (!);
- In Flink PR 3081 he cleaned up the Flink Machine Learning library (!!).
Next up is Vincent who create a whole new project, Kadro which is a friendly pandas wrapper with a more composable grammar support. The goal of the library is to have a minimal wrapper that allows most of all dataframe operations to be more expressive by being chainable.
That's all for the first edition. As always, we're hiring Data Scientists and Data Engineers. Head up to our career page if you're interested. You get plenty of opportunities to give back to the community.
Follow us for more of this
Reactive Web Service Client with JAX-WS
May 25, 2018
Fairness in Machine Learning with PyTorch
May 22, 2018
Elitist shuffle for recommendation systems
May 13, 2018
GoDataDriven open source contribution: April 2018 edition
May 06, 2018
Event Report: Blockchain Ask Me Anything
May 03, 2018
Towards fairness in ML with adversarial networks
April 27, 2018