GoDataDriven open source contribution: April 2017 edition
Third edition already: time flies! Three is a magic number so we went, without any planning in typical GoDataDriven style, with an Airflow special!
- Henk added Azure Blob Storage with PR 2216, refactored tests to that Travis would pick them up with PR 2234, and finally captured invalid arguments for Sqoop in PR 2252;
- Alexander added Kerberos support when using Python 3 in PR 2158 (this is kind of a big deal!);
- Niels added support to allow for custom filters in Jinja2 templates in PR 2258;
- Yours truly fixed the scripts execution in the SparkSql hook with PR 2259.
The list of what we've done does not end here though! Robert, after being gently pushed, made his very first contribution to Homebrew. As he started playing with the ELK stack on his Mac he noted that Logstash did not have a service associated with it. He fixed it with PR 12144 that, after some internal discussion, got merged.
- In PR 4210 he updated the pom to Parquet 1.8.2 (whose release notes are MIA: if you find them, let him know!);
- In PR 4233 he removed a dependency, as less is more, especially with dependencies!
Last, but really not least, Kris open sourced smokey, a Hadoop smoke testing framework. He put quite a bit of effort into it, so check it out! Also worth noting that our blog is, at least internally, read, so he borrowed the Python project structure that Henk presented in his post.
That's it for this edition! As always, if you have any comments, remarks, or compliments, we'd love to hear them!
Follow us for more of this
Fairness in Machine Learning with PyTorch
May 22, 2018
Elitist shuffle for recommendation systems
May 13, 2018
GoDataDriven open source contribution: April 2018 edition
May 06, 2018
Event Report: Blockchain Ask Me Anything
May 03, 2018
Towards fairness in ML with adversarial networks
April 27, 2018
GDPR: "May 25th is when it really begins
April 10, 2018