GoDataDriven open source contribution: April 2017 edition
Third edition already: time flies! Three is a magic number so we went, without any planning in typical GoDataDriven style, with an Airflow special!
- Henk added Azure Blob Storage with PR 2216, refactored tests to that Travis would pick them up with PR 2234, and finally captured invalid arguments for Sqoop in PR 2252;
- Alexander added Kerberos support when using Python 3 in PR 2158 (this is kind of a big deal!);
- Niels added support to allow for custom filters in Jinja2 templates in PR 2258;
- Yours truly fixed the scripts execution in the SparkSql hook with PR 2259.
The list of what we've done does not end here though! Robert, after being gently pushed, made his very first contribution to Homebrew. As he started playing with the ELK stack on his Mac he noted that Logstash did not have a service associated with it. He fixed it with PR 12144 that, after some internal discussion, got merged.
- In PR 4210 he updated the pom to Parquet 1.8.2 (whose release notes are MIA: if you find them, let him know!);
- In PR 4233 he removed a dependency, as less is more, especially with dependencies!
Last, but really not least, Kris open sourced smokey, a Hadoop smoke testing framework. He put quite a bit of effort into it, so check it out! Also worth noting that our blog is, at least internally, read, so he borrowed the Python project structure that Henk presented in his post.
That's it for this edition! As always, if you have any comments, remarks, or compliments, we'd love to hear them!
Airflow Tutorial for Data Pipelines
August 11, 2017
GoDataDriven open source contribution: July 2017 edition
July 31, 2017
Continuous Deployment of Python eggs with VSTS on Azure
July 28, 2017
Hadoop and LDAP, as seen through Venetian blinds
July 01, 2017
GoDataDriven open source contribution: June 2017 edition
June 30, 2017
Vendor Free Data Science
June 19, 2017